*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I'm not exactly stable myself, why should I expect any more from my computer.

Just kidding. To tell you the truth, I don't know. I didn't run any tests yet. I'm too worried about the temp's. It's like 85F at 10:00PM her in San Diego, so I didn't want to leave it at that clock for too long. My guess is Prime95 would fine some issues with it, but I don't know.
Windows actually booted at higher GHz than 4.51, I think I had it at 4.65GHz for a while. But SuperPi wouldn't run:( It would only get about 7 or 8 iterations and then freeze. Oh well, I know I keep mentioning this, but for a $135 CPU I can't really complain.

Worse come to worse, if you fry it, its really cheap to replace it

I'm not exactly stable myself, why should I expect any more from my computer.
lol

Just kidding. To tell you the truth, I don't know. I didn't run any tests yet. I'm too worried about the temp's. It's like 85F at 10:00PM her in San Diego, so I didn't want to leave it at that clock for too long. My guess is Prime95 would fine some issues with it, but I don't know.
Windows actually booted at higher GHz than 4.51, I think I had it at 4.65GHz for a while. But SuperPi wouldn't run:( It would only get about 7 or 8 iterations and then freeze. Oh well, I know I keep mentioning this, but for a $135 CPU I can't really complain.

try running the super pi 32m. it will find any obvious errors in less than 20-30 minutes probably. it's always a good pre-cursor to orthos, so you dont waste 4 hours with orthos only to get an error.

Your right though, for a $135 cpu it is great. How does that compare to the e8400? I haven't heard of many getting it up to 4.5 on air as easy as your getting it.

thats pretty awesome. is it stable?

who cares about stability for super pi :p

just show me some numbers

-and turn off all applications you don't NEED running
- in the control alt delete menu go to programs and right click on spi(super pi) and set it to real time
- change the desktop theme to windows basic (free's up some memory)

there were more.. but i don't feel like digging them up

i dunno, i always ran super pi when i was at least 2 hours stable...lol...that doesn't really count in overclocker world.

in a benchmarkers world... if you get the number.. it counts just fine :p

we're not running these for everyday use!

hrmm.
i guess you live on benchmark world and i live one the world where things are actually useful, heh. i run mine full steam ahead, the highest i can get stable.
besides, i wasn't really concerned with the super pi time, i was asking if it was stable because i wanted to know just that...is it stable at that speed. i could give 2 ****s about a super pi run. :p i have AMD, remember? super pi is not my real cup-o-tea...
i guess i wish this thread was in the intel overclocking section, maybe. lol.

Back
Top Bottom