Installing Vista Home Premium Over Vista Home Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainfu2003

Beta member
I'm planning to install Vista Home Premium over Home basic. My question is, do I need to save any files to disk or will I need to reinstall any applications after installing home premium? Or can I just upgrade and all will be good, being optimistic. Thanks

I cleared out the other topic and got everything sorted for you. No problems. The forum has been having some hiccups lately. No biggie.

Upgrades are iffy at best. I would recommend you backup all your important info. Documents, music and everythign that you want to keep after the install.

Then format and install Home Premium.

Ok I've never formatted before, like my profile says, techie noob or something like that! So is there particular steps to follow after backing up my files to get it formatted and the Home Premium installed??

Thank you makaveli. I first wanted to see if I could just upgrade instead of a clean install. At which it failed, during the setup process, I got a message Saying 1or2 Applications may conflict with installation...or somethign rather along those lines, More towards that they Would not function correctly...those programs were
Adobe Acrobat Reader and
SCSI/RAID Host Controller
I'm a little concerned about the Host controller part, considering that is the hard drive itself. Now when doing a clean install should I be worried about that old message or just try the clean install and see where it takes me?

Well if you are worried about the host controller. Go to the PC Manufacturer's website and get those driver on a disc or USB THumb drive. Just in case.

With a fresh install you dont have to worry bout Adobe as you will have to reinstall that anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom