NTLDR/Parrtition Magic Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

theusualfate

Solid State Member
I erased a partition in Win XP , then reboot (Partition Magic) now when I start XP i get the error , NTLDR Not found or something like that. I currentl dont have a working cd rom drive and cannot use my windows xp. I tried booting into dos using the windows me boot disk and it wont recognize the partition (its NTFS) how can i go about resolving this?

thanks alot

ps - luckily i had mandrake 10 on a seperate partition

Hi, I saw that error when XP does not find some system files...
the most of case I have to do full restore.... So if you can access your data usind different O/S, do data backup and restore later

U need a CD rom, then do a quick repair, all will be fine, and ntldr which tells the computer what to boot will be replaced. You need a cheap cd, they are only about 20 quid.

You can get around this if you have a floppy and a second computer. The problem is that the NTLDR is the file needed to actually enable the NTFS environment.
I can't recall all of the files at the moment that you need but a few of them are NTLDR and NTDETECT.com. I think you also need a functioning Boot.ini and I think there is one other file.
I'll see if I can find it.
Anyway, if you XP installation is still present, then this will allow you to boot them machine off of the floppy. It's pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom