Need help with parts on a custom rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thermal Paste acts like a Layer between your CPU and your Cooler, As5 is good but MX-2 and TX-2 are better (TX-2 being the best amongst those 3)

you arent required to do anything and you wont fry on start up. as far as thermal paste it seems people have different preferences as to whether or not they use it. i personally dont but i wouldnt mind havin some.

cooling your system, especially if you decide to overclock, is never a bad idea
once you start demanding more from your PC you might need to look into it.

you arent required to do anything and you wont fry on start up. as far as thermal paste it seems people have different preferences as to whether or not they use it. i personally dont but i wouldnt mind havin some.

cooling your system, especially if you decide to overclock, is never a bad idea
once you start demanding more from your PC you might need to look into it.

Are you saying you don't use thermal paste because you should never run your system without it. People may debate which thermal paste is better but there is no question that it is necessary.

try CyberPower Inc. - building the best Gaming PC is not only our profession, it is our obsession. I found some great deals there.
CPU: AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 4800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

...and all it is costing me is $703 + shipping, which is great because being in college my funds are limited. This site has some of the best deals around, especially if you don't know how to build a computer like me.

Cyberpower pc's are definitely not the cream of the crop.

They use lower end parts to sell computers with decent graphics cards.

They are notorious for using absolute garbage power supplies unless you pay out the nose to upgrade them

So, the stock cooling that comes with the mobo/processor will be enough for stock speeds? I read something about cooling the northbridge, any input on that?

Also, how much BIOS tweaking do you have to do at first to get things to run right, or are the defaults usually fine? I read that this board's BIOS is not for beginners and I would really hate to screw something up.

Thanks a lot again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom