First Time Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the Corsair 650tx is cheaper and the 750tx is only a few dollars more, so there is no reason to get the OCZ.

Hey guys, now, I have 2 motherboards before me:
Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
&
Newegg.com - XFX MB-N780-ISH9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The plus in my book for the XFX mobo is that Comp USA carries it, so I can have an ~20min drive and get it with no shipping screw ups. The plus on the DFI board is it's great for OCing if I choose to and has a great amount of usable PCI slots. I've read/heard very little about both of these mobo's.

Any input on either of these?

I do sorta plan on SLI, I'd like to have the option for the future. The 750i looks great, but I see no PCIe2.0, I already have the 9800, it'd be a shame to return it. So the XFX board is a better choice then?

Now I only know what SLI and CrossFire is, but Intel chipsets can only do CrossFire, not SLI?

Actually PCI-e 2.0 and x16 is backwards compatible, so you can still use your 9800 GPU on the 750i FTW

and Intel isn't giving the SLI License to nVidia, so you can only Crossfire (unless you get a Skulltrail board [LOLLL])

My pet peave with power supplies is that If there is a single review that Says anything about ripples, I put it on the avoid tag.

PC Perspective - OCZ GameXstream 700W Power Supply Review

So I am a little paranoid, yes, but in the end, it is not my money, so I cannot force people to buy variable power supply.

There are enough power supplies out there that through many many reviews have no ripple problems..
And normally these ripples only occur at extremely high loads made possible by highly specific Power supply load testers.

No hardware guide is perfect, as perfection does not exsist.
So its your choice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom