claasic look to xp look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
my start taskbar is kept in classic view. On occasions when I boot my PC up, it starts up with the newer XP look. What causes this and how can I stop it from happening?

thx

The profile is not being saved or loaded correctly.

Try last kow good configuration. See if that helps. There is no way for me to say there is a fix as you do not manually save your profile. It is done as you shut down or restart.

Mak, someone else who had this problem told me to change my theme to classic as well as this solved their problem. Does that make sense?

If it is in classic and it is not being saved in classic how would changing it to classic solve the issue???

I suggest you to create a new account (control panel -> accounts), then log on it (don`t remember to make it with administrator rights) then
backup all you desktop documents + my documents folder from you old account and delete your old profile (from another administrator account).

Think it should solve this problems, also pls install an antivirus and scan you pc for spyware.

Backing up his profile will not do any good. As if it is something associated with the profile files then the new one will be corrupted as well. Also he has been thru a Spyware scan with our resident spyware removal team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom