Watercool 9800gx2 - suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
OK, after a day of gaming AoC, I'm positive I'm gonna have to build a 2nd water loop for this **** card.. even with fan at 100% the thing breaks 100C on the top gpu under full load.

I'm just wondering if I can get away with a 1 or 2 120mm rad. Theres no way I can mount another 120.3 on the back lol.

So far the only waterblock I've found is dangerden, at over 200$. Asetek is supposed to hae a cheap one that will still drop it 20c minimum, but i'll be darned if I can find somewhere to buy it. Anyone got a link? I'd like to not spend a ton of money on the GPU block itself cause I plan to ditch it for a 9900. I'm just worried that the thing's going to melt before the 9900's are released.

That and 100% fan speed is louder than all ****. Shootin off like 45db lol

So what you think, 120.2 be alright? And anyone know where to find that asetek gpu block? Or is it not released yet? Or am I just completely blind.

Thanks.

Ah cool. EK it is.

Did you mean heatsinks along with the gpu block? or with the dual hr-03 setup.

I've gotta do a bit more reading on it yet. And wait for my other card to sell before I start this project.

While I got you here what do you figure would be a good 120.2 Rad. I've got the thermochill pa120.3 for the cpu, i haven't been keeping up on new stuff so I haven't seen if anything new's been released. This one will have to be mounted outside the case, on the back. So i'll probably be looking at push/pull with the scythe s-flex or whatnot.

PC weighs like 65lbs as it is, I'll never be able to move it after this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom