I'm thinking my 780i is DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sox18

Baseband Member
I installed in with a buddy with my q6600 and it posted fine and powered up perfect and went to bios and crashed. It kept doing it over and over and over. Everything is perfect, I just don't get it.

Any ideas?

Got a strong PSU? CPU seated correctly and heatsink on it right?

Installation of the CPU and fan were seated correctly.....and fans were working....Ive noticed on other forums that same 30 second to 1 minute auto shut down has occurred with this same board. Also no error posts were displayed and no error beeps where given. My guess is that the board could be defected.

Well your best bet there is to contact the manufacter and see what they say. Either that or get more research on the subject of these boards. Visit the manufacturer's site and see if they have any documentation of people's complaints on this board.

Anything that will help you get a new board. ;)

Well your best bet there is to contact the manufacter and see what they say. Either that or get more research on the subject of these boards. Visit the manufacturer's site and see if they have any documentation of people's complaints on this board.

Anything that will help you get a new board. ;)
Absolutely...I've been researching it all day now and it appears that the EVGA staff isn't much help :/ I 've been reading their troubleshoot forums and I'm about to post my own problem and give it till monday and see if they respond. If that doesn't work I'll file a DOA because something is clearly wrong. I appreciate it though.

I havent had any issues with evga CS, they took care of me when my 680i died. What is displayed on the lcd on the board?

Update: We rigged it up really basic and it worked outside the case, now it's working alright BUT my 8800GTS g92 KO is not being recognized by windows XP. We've installed the drivers with the CD and it's simply registering as a VGA compatible and it's stuck in 800x600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom