How Do I embed a picture so that non computer techs can't steal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I manage to acquire a picture of Martin Luther King Jr. at a Cleveland Ohio high in 1965. I got it from the rapper the Street Pastor's father. I promised him that I would never give anybody else a copy. yet I want to show family and friends. is there a way to embed it, maybe at a website so people can't copy it but I can show it.

Can you show me?

Also, it all depends on what non techies know. Some people might even screenshot it. You can try to run a javascript viewer and also disable right click.

There is a way you can. By getting hotlinking and download protection. But as Peter said. You could not stop screenshots. Plus if a person was real good and wanted to they might even hack the site.

there is actually 0 way to ACTUALLY block it....
but you can sort of hide it

so depending on who you are considering not tech, you can use the scripts to prevent right click

but anything that shows up on someones computer can be obtained, no screenshotting needed ;)

I was going to send it to friends and family. I know that computer experts can get it. what's hotlinking and download protection?

Hotlinking protection will prevent people from copying the url and pasting it in forums for others to see. If they try they will get something other than what is expected.

Download protection is what it sounds like. There are tools in most hosts acps to prevent certain parts of the sites from having items downloaded.

I know there are also other ways to prevent right clicks as well. To prevent people from trying to save the picture right from the web site.

The only thing that isnt protected is screenshots. Plus hackers. But i do not count them.

Hotlinking protection will prevent people from copying the url and pasting it in forums for others to see. If they try they will get something other than what is expected.

Download protection is what it sounds like. There are tools in most hosts acps to prevent certain parts of the sites from having items downloaded.

I know there are also other ways to prevent right clicks as well. To prevent people from trying to save the picture right from the web site.

The only thing that isnt protected is screenshots. Plus hackers. But i do not count them.

how do I go about hotlinking a picture? I kinda want the pics setup like those site that have pictures of newborn babies that want you to play for the pictures..

I think hotlinking would have to be setup on a specific folder for the upload. So it couldnt be done via a Imageshack or Photobucket method. You would have to have your own host and domain to do this.

From there you would have to check the CPanel of the host to make sure it offers hotlinking. I know mine does.

I will have to ask my coding buddy how he does it and if there is a way to do what you are asking. If you want to give me a day or so to get a answer.

Already sent a message. He is in the UK so i should have a response by the time i get up tomorrow. After that i will forward the infomation to you via PM so that you know what to do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom