New PSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^not a bad price....but i still think you should do what i said...unless you have a Conscience.

local shops deserve it :| Last time I bought anything locally it was a 512 stick of RAM and it cost me $90ish. They rip people off, so they need some screwing over.

Unless it was a good name local shop lol.

Anyway, in the buy/sell/trade forum there was a link to a site with a 750watt corsair power supply, it was like $99 or $109 or something really cheap for that good of a PSU. Might want to try and dig it up

thnx for the input fellas... i went ahead and got the 520hx at ZZF... 109 with a 20 MIR...

The story of my old one is lol... I was playin CoD4 and smelled a electronic burning... I said owell and continued to woop nuberts... if what ever was burnin cant hang then it needs to go out lol... got thru playin CoD4 and went an ate dinner... came back my comp was off and i didnt turn it off... right then i said hmmm... hit the button and the fan jerked... i said woohoo gotta buy somthin new lol... anyway i took the ole Ultra apart and a Big yellow Diode or cappacitor w/e had melted and burnt wires all around it... and thats the story... was good for while it lasted... but 2 yrs for a PSU is not good and ill never buy another Ultra...

The End...

good thing i still have my old gaming machine... The P4 with 1gig and a 5900... ahhh those were the days Cod1 and2 and vietcong...

Did it take the rest of the rig with it?

all my drives still work... but i have no way to test my 8800gt

I read somewhere that the Ultra has some kinda saftey switch on it just in that kind of situation it shuts off
My buddies TT TP done the same thing not to long ago same fan jerking and everything and all his was ok... so im hoping mine is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom