Hard drive and monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Does the hard drive store data in a circulated single file pattern like a CD stores its data (I know hard drives use magnetics to store data already) or does the harddrive store data wherever it can find a available clusters?

Now for the Moniter question, I have a awsome LCD that i play Doom 3 with but I noticed some streaking in the game. So I got the CRT out for the test to see if there were any streacking and there were streaks like the LCD. Is this normal for every monitor?

That all depends on your monitor. Also, make sure you have proper setting for the LCD and the game when playing.

For the hard drive question, I think it stores data in a circulated pattern, like CDs do. I may be wrong. Anyone???

1. Hard Drives plunk down the data chunks wherever they can, which causes fargmentation. The windows disk defragmenter put the chunks back in line to make your pragrams start faster.

2. Some LCD don't "refresh" fast enough, hence streaking. However, your CRT should not be doing that, and there might be something wrong with it or some settings are not correct

if doom3 is like every other game, just press (`)<--- that button right under escape, to bring down the console. then put in this command to see your FPS(frames per second) [ ;com_showFPS 1 ] ...u will then see your fps ingame while u play.

if for some reason theres nota console(i havnt played it yet) just input that cmd in the .cfg file, in Doom3's root install directory.

if u dont have an fps of at least 45 and up, thats prolly y u see screen splitting.
----------------------------------------------------------
u prolly dont experience this prob with older games on your CRT right? such as couter strike or watever.

Ok thanks for the help guys.

Edit: So does the harddrive plunk down data like a CD or otherwise?

P.s...you should get it it's a fantastic game and plus I'm getting a GT on monday and ill post back if I still have that problem.

I just tested out the our CRT moniter again on DooMIII and Farcry with now perfect frame rates with my GT and it's still streaking....I have no idea why a CRT would still be streaking. Any idea's people?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom