E7200 and some overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took some time, but I pushed it a little farther. I think I picked the worst day of the year to OC. It's like 97F in San Diego today.
Anyways here is a shot. I guess I should be happy with the OC, but I feel like I should be getting a better SuperPi score.. I'm going to leave the CPU speed where it is for a while, and tweek other things to see if I can get it under 12sec.'s.
OCimage14.JPG

Ya, I'm on air. I believe the VID on these chips is rated from .085v to 1.3v or something like that.
My chip is 1.09v normal, so I guess I got a pretty good one, but it could have been better.

What motherboard is this?

I need to get a new board and really push my e6600

At 3.78ghz I ran a 13.515 Super Pi.

I have no doubt that with a high fsb board I can hit 4.5+

I have a P35-DS3L. It was $89 a few weeks ago, now it's $109:confused: I stopped posting results in this thread and moved to the SuperPi thread. But I guess I could have posted this screen shot here also. My highest OC so far with the E7200 is 4.65GHz. I don't think I took a screen shot of that though, I can't check because right now I'm on one of my other PC's (kentsfield;) )

OCimage17.JPG

^ great job dude.

Ehh? What makes you think your chip will hit 4.5ghz?

....I ran 20mph once...I have no doubt that with the right pair of Nike's I can break the sound barrier.

Call it a hunch I guess.

The only thing that was holding me back from going higher was a well known fsb wall on my 975x motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom