Non-G92 8800gts 640mb to 9800gtx, good upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Just trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the 9800gtx from my old 8800gts.

Had someone offer to buy my 8800gts for a decent amount so figured I'd see what people think :)

Yeah, I was offered $100 on my GTS, so maybe I will just jump up to the newer model with the G92. Will there be a noticable performance increase?

well ask yourself this question first...

can you play all the games you have... the way you wanna play them?

if so.. then you don't need to upgrade..

if not.. then yes, do it.. AND DO IT NOW

well ask yourself this question first...

can you play all the games you have... the way you wanna play them?

if so.. then you don't need to upgrade..

if not.. then yes, do it.. AND DO IT NOW

^Honestly, that's the best thing to do. In terms of playing and enjoying my games - I was really satisfied with my X1950GT - the 8800GTS 512 I got was a bit of a regret, actually my entire new system - was overkill really - I could've saved a decent $600 but I was too obsessed with getting THE best parts I could get my hands on, and besides benchmarking and being able to play Crysis four times smoother, I couldn't really care less about being able to play with 16QxAA and everything maxed out - seemed like a bit of a waste of money that I could've just put into a car or something - I never see myself going high-end with computers again, I'm just going to stick with bang-for-buck budget builds in the future

so yeah, my advice about that GTS 640 of yours, just keep it, really not worth the trouble, just wait till it really gets outdated, I personally think you'll be disappointed in the long run, it won't be THAT drastic a difference really

I'm satisfied with the build I have now. Depending on how much your upgrading for, and how much you will be spending on this upgrade, you might want to do it.

The 9800gtx will have a better resale value then the 8800 gts 640 and is obviously better also. So if you have a good sale price on that thing now, then I say do it.

Otherwise you probably still can play all the games you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom