Colored Usergroup & Thanks Hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewa124

Baseband Member
I was wondering why you don't use those two hacks. They are really great additions to VBULLETIN. With the colored user groups, new members (such as myself) would be able to tell Ranks Apart (Admin, Super Mod, Mod, etc).

With the thank you hack, well that's easy, we can say Thanks.

Well cause first they are hacks. We do not allow the talk of them let alone why we would use them.

As for the Colored. No need. The staff is the staff. You can view the forum leader and the SMods and all that at the bottom with a quick click. We fo not wish to seperate the team and give someone a color for a higher rank distingstion over someone else. We work as a team and make decisions as a team.

The thanks hack to me honestly is pointless. First we do not want people to say just thanks in a post. Having that thrown around would just be like spam. It would be used as a spam method to get post counts up and get access to areas before they should be gained.

Plus with the quick reply window right there you can type in Thanks just as fast as clicking a button.

Both Excellent and Valid Points. But I can't remember seeing the Forum Leaders Link. Maybe I too tired. I will look again.

EDIT: I found it. Thanks.

There are several places for it actually. Ther eis the major link at the bottom. But in each forum at the bottom there is a list of the Moderators over that specific area. Some have more than others and some areas haev a specific Mod who knows more than others.

But in the end the fact is we do work together. We are in constant communication with each other over the daily issues and how to deal with them. Plus we have asked in our Rules that people contact a Mod first with a issue and then go to a SMod and up the ladder so to speak with any issues.

Granted it is not set in stone and you can go to anyone on the list. The thanks Mod...as i said. It jsut promotes single word responses and post count padding. We get enough of that as it is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom