new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pass the memory test then the CPU might not be bad. Does your system meet the hardware requirements for your OS?

Guess what guys. It wasn't my processor at all. It was my powersupply. I guess it didn't have enough wattage to power the superior p4. Just kidding bout the superior p4 cuz everyone knows that amd makes the superior processor.

AMD's eat a lot of power, and so do the P4's.

As clock speed becomes higher and higher, more power is generally required, unless shrinking die sizes could really help that.

Whats wattage power supply were you running? With a p4 I would go no less than a 350 and you should have a 400.. those things feast on power.

i did have a 400 watt raidmax powersupply. The powersupply wasn't bad itself. It works just fine in another computer.

How did my other computer get into this equation. My other 5 computers have athlon xps in them. I had a 400 watt raidmax in the computer with the p4 but that wasn't powerful enough so i put a 450 watt psu in it

Yeah it should have worked.. but didn't ... I dont know how raidmax compares to Antec though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom