Laptop overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakaggo

Idealist Gamer
So my brother has a laptop that he might get rid of. I noticed the Ram is 533 but its running at 400. Its a Dell. I looked it up and found this:

Laptop Pin Mod Overclocking Guide - LaptopLogic.com

I was thinking about doing it if he let me have his laptop. His computer 100% fits the bill, right processor type, I'm sure. Any objections? Suggestions?

I don't think you can overclock dells. Not sure about Pin mods.

Thats kind of the point. You can't overclock them using software. So this is supposedly a way to do it by modding the hardware. They describe how it works in pretty good detail and it makes sense for the most part. A few of the commenters said it works and a few said it didn't but none said it broke their computer. They said it might not work on all the laptops too.

Come on no replies besides that? Isn't anyone going to call me a moron and tell me it doesn't work? No one to tell me that its a good idea but its dangerous to try? Not a SINGLE PERSON to say that it probably won't work or that they wouldn't recommend doing it?

I mean really, good or bad, I just want some sort second opinion on this.

Come on no replies besides that? Isn't anyone going to call me a moron and tell me it doesn't work? No one to tell me that its a good idea but its dangerous to try? Not a SINGLE PERSON to say that it probably won't work or that they wouldn't recommend doing it?

I mean really, good or bad, I just want some sort second opinion on this.

No... just no.... can't oc dells, don't even try. He already said no.

No... just no.... can't oc dells, don't even try. He already said no.

Well thats reassuring -_-. I might actually listen to that comment if you gave any sort of actual information regarding the subject. Besides who is "he"? Its not like I'm asking permission. Have you even heard of someone trying this or are you simply guessing that you can't OC a dell because they block it. The same way the Wii can't be hacked and Macs can't get viruses. Has anyone actually heard of something like this or knows someone who has? Guesswork and hearsay aren't useful at all.

Also at first I thought they wanted you to weld (they want thin copper wire, for one) but they don't mention that at all so it seems that you merely connect them. Unless this would fry your processor then it should be able to be undone. Considering there hasn't been a single comment concerning that then I'm not too worried. I mean if someone did try it and it destroyed their processor they would certainly comment. Instead most of the comments say that it did work or it didn't work.

I have done a lot of research on trying to OC a Dell. I have a Dimension 8400. Thru my research it came down to the BIOS. It being a Dell specifc BIOS i have not found any way to flash it to a different version to allow for any kind of hardware overclocking.

I have done a lot of research on trying to OC a Dell. I have a Dimension 8400. Thru my research it came down to the BIOS. It being a Dell specifc BIOS i have not found any way to flash it to a different version to allow for any kind of hardware overclocking.

Indeed there is absolutely no way that I've ever heard of to overclock a Dell Desktop or any Dell using the BIOS. Thats why this is a hardware mod. On top of that it only works on a single type of processor. Pentium M running at a 400mhz FSB. If it really didn't work at all it wouldn't make much sense to limit it to a single processor like that...

I wish I could overclock my desktop v_v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom