Mid-Range FX Cards vs 6800's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I really don't know much about video cards, and how they work. So my question is, is a plain old GeForce 6800 (Not GT or Ultra) faster than the Mid to High Range FX Cards, like the 5700 series, or the 5900 series? Because all I see is the clock speeds, and the FX series cards are much higher than the low end 6800 cards. Reason I ask is because I want to upgrade my video card, and I am willing to pay around $300 and I don't know whether to go for one of the FX series cards, or the 6800 cards. Any recommendation on a card to go with would be helpful. All I do is game, and I wan't the best card for the money I can spend.

if you have 300 the BEST card for your money is the evga geforce 6800 128mb plain jane.....i know this for a fact cuz i have used a geforce FX 5950 ulrtra 256mb and i have used a plain jane 6800 128mb and the 6800 smokes it (mostley because of the pipeline increase)

Basically the more pipelines the better, So even a plain old 6800 with more pipelines far outperforms older cards with less pipelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom