XP accounts problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJL12

Baseband Member
Hey guys, as the title states: I am having trouble with multiple user accounts that are password protected. I did this because my cousins were snooping around our files so my parents gave me the order and I made separate accounts. I want to know how to get settings (like firefox extensions and bookmarks and etc...) to be the same on all profiles. Also when I log off of one account and get on another one I cannot open any other folders. Please help me I am utterly and completely confuzzled!

For firefox you will have to get FEBE which is a Firefox backup utility and use taht across all 3 accounts. There is a easier way i fyou have WinRar. Go into the firefox profile area.

Start>My Computer>Cocuments and Settings>App Data>Mozilla>Firefox

In there you will find a default profile folder. Take all teh fiels and select then. Use WinRar and zip them up. Now go to the other profiles and extract that Rar file in there. Over write any files. Now Firefox is all the same.

You can also jsut copy and paste them since you are on the same PC just different user accounts.

rgr that, I did a virus scan of my comp. and it seems that the problem with opening folders may be the trojan horse fotomoto though I haven't seen ads pop up when I go to my docs and I have a couple of versions of Zlob. I do not know if getting rid of these will help with the viewing my comp or my docs from other profiles (as in I switch profiles and cant open the folder.)

Thanks!

--TJ

TY!!!- O btw how do i keep my thread where I can find it for l8er? I am afraid of having it go off the front page and I lose it.

Right click on your username and open in a new tab. There you will see a heading entitled "Find all threads started by this user"

There you will see all the threads you started. Which wont be many. Just look for this one and click on it. Will bring you right here.

Also could just bookmark it for later reference. ;)

I copy both the google folder and the mozilla one from the

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data and

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data

folders so I can keep every last setting including the google toolbars

Yes if you wish to keep toolbars and all that you would need the extra folder as well. The steps i gave is only for getting Firefox to be exactly the same with bookmarks and extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom