LCD Stuck Pixel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
I have a brand new ViewSonic 19" widescreen that has a stuck pixel. It is stuck red and appears only on darker backgrounds like gree, black, blue, etc. I saw some guides on how to fix stuck pixels and tried some methods but none worked. When pressing gently on the pixel I could see what looked almost like an ink blot around it, maybe a quarter of an inch around. I didn't see this anywhere else on the monitor, just around that one pixel. Not sure what it is.

Supposedly it is a stuck pixel and not a dead pixel because a dead pixel would be black. Any help on how to fix this stuck pixel, if possible, would be great, thanks.

If the monitors brand new, cant you just take it back to the retailer and explain?

Yeah and it's actually an RMA. I'll never buy ViewSonic again but I'd definitely like to fix this stuck pixel.

Most of the time if hte methods you find wont fix it. It wont be able to be fixed. It is stuck till it dies and then you will have a dead pixel. Sorry.

On my other system it has a 19' cheapo monitor and the who corner has gone.

No I'm not discrediting ViewSonic just because of this, it's the 10 other issues I've heard of/had. Before this the monitor I had broke after only a few months, then this pixel issue. I know of about 6 or 8 other issues that friends have had with ViewSonic monitors, too. It's frustrating when your monitor breaks, then you have to wait 3 weeks for a replacement, then the replacement isn't even 100% working.

Do you think it might just come out on it's own eventually?

YA, viewsonic has really gone downhill. They're really cheap monitors these days. Its what we have at work. This is also the reason i'll spend a bit more to buy a monitor from a B&M with a lenient return policy.

If it's already a RMA job call them an explain the situation, you might have some luck say you have been using there monitors for the last few years and you never had problems with them before they might just replace the unit again for you.

But the best monitors I have found are Hanns-G I love them the only problem i have ever had with one was when a new monitor had a faulty backlight called them up got new unit sent out to them next day. 2nd best RMA I have ever had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom