Quick question about video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
I was really trying to hold off on buying a new video card until the next generation of ATI and NVIDIA come out, but.....I want to play AoC.

So I have a AMD X2 6000 and a Radeon X1900XTX. I need to ditch the card, and I was just curious what you guys think I should do? I was thinking about going to a really cheap 8800 GTS (G92) card, there is one for like 169.00$ with rebate on newegg.com

But do you think it would be stupid to buy a current generation card right now? I guess I want to run AoC maxed settings with no problems. And I am thinking the GTS can do that.

Whats AoC?

Its pretty likely that the GTS g92 will run all games out right now except Crysis maxed, there are 9900gtx's coming out and HD48xx series coming out, but those will be $400+

9800gtx is a big disappointment, its only slightly faster than a G92 GTS, but if you don't mind paying a lot for the 9900gtx or HD4870 when it comes out... they are viable options (they are in July-August for both)

Who cares, you can overclock it yourself using ATiTool

and ECS is not a no name..

Ok Vern I was just making sure before I spent the money on the ECS. I mean I figure these all perform roughly the same so just sorta checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom