Need help with parts on a custom rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy3

Baseband Member
Ok so I've had this computer since '03 and it's time to get upgrading.....

I look at Tiger Direct and Newegg a lot...don't know which one is better. I have a good knowledge of computer hardware however I'm at a loss when it comes to picking the very BEST parts for a rig to get the most for a certain price.

Basically, I'm looking for the best overall performance(specifically for games) for about 900-1000$.

For a processor I want Intel, and everything else I really do not have a preference.

So, basically, if anyone could give me a solid build for that price from tiger direct or newegg it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot. :)

Thanks for the build..it looks great. All these parts work together right? Like the mobo will fit in the tower, the processor is compatible with the mobo?

Thanks again. :)

you can get the 64 bit for only a little more so why would he get the 32...all the bugs have been fixed for a long time. Then you have more flexibility in the future to get more ram

Is Vista 64 bit much better than 32 bit?

I read that it only marginally increases performance at the cost of a lot of compatibility issues with 32 bit programs. Is that true?

no it does not improve performance it just allows you to have more then about 3.5 gigs of ram. All those compatibility issues have been fixed...well most.

Hmmmm..I might have to go with the 64 bit..as long as recently released games will run on it..

And the 8400 does look pretty good, and 20 dollars cheaper. Is it the FSB that makes it faster than the 6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom