Disk Cloner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly my first impression is junk. SATA Drives are not supported at all. Optimized for Intel and VIA chipsets. So anything else takes more time.

IMO Ghost and Acronis are the best. Drive Image 7 for XP is the best for XP.

That one shows and has absolutely no user feedback of it anywhere. I found a couple things in the forum but those were just useless. There was some issues and nothing in the forum helped. You have to email to get support.

They do not even say which OS's its supports at all. What exactly are you trying to do? Why are you constanly looking at all these free cloning tools which show no promise? Find Drive Image 7.01 if you want to clone XP.

Just looking for free utilities that do certain things and looking for opinions. HDCLone looks like it's pretty easy to use. I d/l loaded it and checked out the GUI, it's pretty straight forward . I popped it in an old win98 machine I have.

Chris, Is FOG Linux based as well? Does it have an easy to use GUI? Please let me know. I think I d/l earlier in the week and didn't like it because it was linux based. Please let me know.

thx

FOG is gui based, I think its based on linux but most boot disks are now. I have used it to clone XP an Vista without issue I think is you are trying to save money by not buying ghost FOG would be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom