Quell the uprising of 'My Documents' folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kloppstock

Baseband Member
1. I once moved 'My documents' folder from the system drive location to another hard-drive to save space, the anoying consequence of thath is..

It's gone from deafult view, i moved 'My doc' back to C:/ but the folder arent returning to "My Computer" view? can it be fixed?

We continue to whip "My doc" :freak:

2. I once pressed this button

It was a mistake, i have thath nice feature to be able to press a special button to quick open "My documents" on a Microsoft keyboard, since i did the deafult-resett above all files in "My documents" perm keeps viewing in "summarize" when pressing the quick button, even thou changing the view for it

It's no secred thath i want my files in "list"-mode instead, and it allways auto-opened as list before i did the above operation, so don't say thath it arent ment to open thath way ;)
it's normal thath all folders are resetting to none-thumbnail-view after performing thath resett yes..but all other folders learn in directley and perm how thei shall view when you change the ciew, can you learn this folder to be normal?

I hope this 2 problems can be solved without reinstalling Windows XP SP2 :eek:

Restore Windows User Personal Shell Folders to Default Location » My Digital Life

Well this might restore the location fo ryou. As for the button. The best i can say is open the window, get it the way you want and hit F11. Twice.

Then close it out and try again.

Great advice, hitting F11 have stabilized "My doc's" pulse moore than before

As for restoring the location there are some problem, i cant find thath menu we see in your link-picture, i use XP

(If i know myself right its gonna show thath i have missunderstood something fataly in the English instruction)

I will see if i can find a way to restore the location for XP instead of Vista. Sorry for that. Will edit this when i find one for you. :)

*Edit:

How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder

That should be what you are looking for to restore the My Documents location in XP.

Now i have taken thoose actions, but the icon is still not showing up in "My computer" i pressed to deafult the location of 'my doc' and restarted computer, and allso tested to manually point it towards the deafult location throu the file-treem (exactley the same spot as manually default does)

I dont think it matters, but normaly i have my Start meny and XP interface as Windows 98 view, thoose actions in your link is for XP start menu view..but as i said 'my doc' didnt return to my computer when testing in XP view either so..

I do not think with the 98 View you will get it back on the start menu. From what i remember of 98 the My Documents folder was only on the desktop not the start menu.

If you wish to get it back onteh desktop right click the folder nd use the Send To option. In there you will see Send to Desktop (Create Short cut). That will give you a shortcut to the My Documents folder on your desktop.

There is also a way to get it onto your start menu. Go onto the Start menu and right click on the Programs and select open. This will open that in a windows. There you will see the path to the Start Menu.

Should be something like Start>My Computer>Documents & Settings>All Users>Microsoft>Start Menu

Just go to that location and take the My documents folder from the desktop and place it in the start menu directory. That will return it to the Start Menu for you.

If you wish to get it back onteh desktop right click the folder nd use the Send To option. In there you will see Send to Desktop (Create Short cut). That will give you a shortcut to the My Documents folder on your desktop.
I only want it back to desktop (i called it with "My computer" directley translated)

There are not "send to" alternative if you right klick on 'my doc' for me

Doesnt matter any longer cause i see now thath i must reinstall OS, so i will get ridd of both problems

thanks for your effort thou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom