FSB Holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of that terminology before. But im assuming you're talking about the gaps between OC sppeds in relation to the CPU frequency. If this is what you're talking about its usually your motherboard holding you back. The FSB is near impossible to control via software. Its usually your BIOS that takes care of that.

A new bios revision sometimes fixes it. Fsb holes can be small like 400- 405 or large like 400-470.

Edit: Here's what I got from Google
"The hole is mostly due to a strap trap (when some buses sync to the CPU bus, certain clock speeds become too high - but then work correctly at even higher clock speeds), a timing issue, clock drop and jitter issues with the clock generator"

Usually they were common on 650i and 680i boards, but newer BIOS fixed that easily, or another alternate, was to use a low Multiplier and a really high FSB, or find where the hole of the FSB isn't active

If you make the voltages too high you can fry. Otherwise you'll get a blue screen. Just don't jump too high. Obviously anything around the 480-500+ area is cool. If your mb can hit that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom