ecs 8800 gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm thinking of getting one of the ECS cards myself. cant go wrong with 160 bucks.
besides, lifetime warranty..? lol...the demands of games are ever-increasing, and cards are coming out so fast to keep up with them making a lifetime warranty almost pointless. in a year your card will hardly be able to run a new game at highest settings with any kind of resolution.
i would buy an XFX if they were 160 dollars. but, they aint.

I normally am very firmly against anything with an ecs badge on it, but I consistently recommend their cards. They don't make them themselves, they're cheap, and often come with nice aftermarket cooling solutions.

o your like me and like to buy in and just run until it can't run no more. for example my 6800ultra just doesn't play most games anymore. I don't need to take a magnifying glass to my 30" to find a jaggy. Its ok if I can't have it on 2560 by whatever. So the life time is nice.

I normally am very firmly against anything with an ecs badge on it, but I consistently recommend their cards. They don't make them themselves, they're cheap, and often come with nice aftermarket cooling solutions.

Same here, they're just rebranding the cards. They're pretty nice quality form what I've heard and priced well. You're usually better off with off-brand cards than mobos since the cards are manufactured to higher standard. Nvidia/ATI see to that for QA purposes.

Its ok if I can't have it on 2560 by whatever. So the life time is nice.

whats the point of having a high-end monitor and not using it to it's full ability?
why would i want to run anything on a 1920 x 1200 24" monitor at 800 x 600 resolution?
BTW...if you have a 30" monitor and using a 6800ultra card....dude. it's time to upgrade.

no I got a 8800gs, that ultra was sucking hard, like really hard. Black and white 2 at 800 x 600 was strob lighting and ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom