Wipe my mobo's BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
I have an MSI K7T Turbo 2. Out of the box, it supports up to an Athlon XP 1800+ processor. However, I've downloaded a BIOS update for it that says it will offer support for the 2400+ and 2600+ Athlon XP. I'm a little worried that if I install this, it could leave me with a PC that won't boot. The readme.txt file included with the files cautions against installing the upgrade if your computer is already working fine, partially for this reason.

My Question: Has anybody upgraded their BIOS like this? Could you please share your experiences with me?:)

The whole reason I'm downloading it is so that I can upgrade to a faster processor, not just for the hell of it. The instructions seem simple enough, though.

They are. Just be sure to follow them. If they tell you not to touch the computer for a few minutes, then don't. As Microbell said, print them out so you can refer to them.

Thanks for your help everyone! I'll look into ordering the new CPU and begin my upgrade. I'm finally installing Windows XP and then maybe another 512 mb of RAM. After that, no more I Promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom