Utorrent Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpooltable

Beta member
I recently bought a new laptop, and it was pre-loaded with Microsoft Vista. I previously used a desktop with microsoft xp and had no problems downloading files from torrent sites, through Utorrent.

Now, however, every time I start downloading a torrent, I start the file download and about 30 seconds into it a message pops up saying "error-access denied." I am able to download up to about a half a percent. I have no idea what is causing this. I can download fine if it's from a website, just not torrents.

I am fairly certain it's not firewall related, because it still happens when the firewall is off. It also happens when my anti-virus program is off. The only thing I can think of that may cause the problem is the pesky windows pop ups that always ask "allow program?" and what not. I'm thinking that there is some setting I need to change in Windows to allow torrent downloads. Is there a way to turn off these stupid messages? It never happened with XP.

By the way, I already have internet settings as low as they can go, and firewall is off. Anti virus is off too. Whats the problem?!

It sounds like something that vista does to try to protect you from "attacks"

Have you tried deleting uTorrent and downloading it again for a re-install? You might just have a corrupt download.

yep, tried taking it off and reinstalling it, but it didn't work. Any ideas of how to change the Windows setting?

Not sure... I don't use vista... but if Mak sees this I'm sure he'll help out. He seems to be quite knowledgeable on Vista. :)

Do you have UAC enabled? Have you tried to run the application as Administrator?

UAC. User Account Control. That thing that always pops up when you try to install software.

Are you sure utorrent is working right, ports forwarded and everything?

Read Only wouldnt matter with uTorrent. I have several read only files being transfered. IT sounds as if the applicaiotn didnt install right. If you are using Vista you must use 1.7.7 can not use 1.6.1 as it is not compatible with Vista fully.

UAC. User Account Control. That thing that always pops up when you try to install software.

Are you sure utorrent is working right, ports forwarded and everything?

YAY! I took your advice and turned User Account Control off. It fixed the problem, as I suspected it would, and now I can download. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom