Need help with my first build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so thanks again for everyone's help. I'll probably be ordering everything by the end of the week.

Here's where I'm at right now: wishlist.

If that all looks good, then I think my final question(s) is are there any little things like cables, screws, or other accessories that I need to order, too? For example, one of the customer reviews of the HDD said "you'll have to supply additional SATA and power supply cables if you don't already have these". I don't know what those are or if I'd already have any.

Thanks.

Edit: Okay one more question I have is would it be worth the extra $100 or so to get the 8800GTS (x2) instead of GT (x2)?

Ya I have one suggestion drop the q6600 Retail to an OEM because the q6600 Retail comes with the craptacular, not-awesome Stock Cooler, that could save you a bit

but you don't need SLI unless you got a giant monitor (I don't remember if you do, I had to study for Exams so I didn't bother to remember if you did.. I'll check back on the monitor if you did, let me reread the thread) But I recommend not getting the 8800gts g92, get an eVGA Video Card, and then wait for the 9900gtx to come out, and with the eVGA Step Up program, if you register the card online, and you want a new card within 90 days, you can send the card you have now plus the price difference of the MSRP and you can get a new card

Haha. I know what you mean. I had two weeks of exams without a computer of my own because the video card in my HP notebook fried. That's why I'm building this, I dunno if I mentioned that.

Anyway, I'm only able to find one q6600, the retail one. What/where should I be looking for an OEM?

I am just getting a 22" monitor, so if I'm not going SLI, any suggestions for a good card within say a $300-400 range? Cuz I figure I'll spend the same on one as I would have on two, unless you have an even cheaper suggestion.

I still recommend you save for a 9900gtx or HD4870X2, get the OEM q6600 from ClubIT.com

That's scheduled for what, July? I don't think I can go without a working gaming machine for that long. Plus wouldn't the price be kinda high? I think I'm just gunna get what I can for now an upgrade eventually but not for awhile.

How's the 8800GTS (G92)? It got great reviews and the price seems pretty good. Plus it comes with a free copy of The Witcher, which I've been dieing to play.

And I actually can't get ClubIT to work right now, but I'll check it later.

That's scheduled for what, July? I don't think I can go without a working gaming machine for that long. Plus wouldn't the price be kinda high? I think I'm just gunna get what I can for now an upgrade eventually but not for awhile.

How's the 8800GTS (G92)? It got great reviews and the price seems pretty good. Plus it comes with a free copy of The Witcher, which I've been dieing to play.

And I actually can't get ClubIT to work right now, but I'll check it later.

I have an 8800GT and play the Witcher all the time. It lags quite a bit and I am going to wait for the 9900GTX to come out. By the way newegg is selling the unrated unedited version of the witcher. I am going to get it. Here is the link to it. But they are unfortunately sold out at the moment.

Newegg.com - Witcher (Import) DVD Edition PC Game ATARI - PC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom