Final Check before purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkleface

Solid State Member
hi every one this will be my last check before purchasing and was wondering what you think anything i should change ect PRICES ARE AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS

CPU:E8400 $254
MOBO:GA-EP35-DS3 or DS3P $139-$179
HDD:Samsung 500GB $92
RAM 2x2GB Corsair PC6400 $ 114
GFX:Galaxy 8800GT OC $230 inc shipping
OPTICAL Pioneer 20X Sata With Lightscribe $35
CASE: Antec 300 (Cant Change it already Brought) $55 on special
PSU 550W CoolerMaster $89
FANS 4x Coolermaster $25@19dB (modding case to take extra fan)

Is there any problems or things you think i could change my budget is ~1200-1500 for just the box this will be used for gaming and school work @ 1280x1024

-*-SF-*-

ill be using my old OS forgot about a monitor would a good 19" be Big enough thats 1280X1024 i think Caqn any one suggest any good ones

only thing i can see wrong with it is... dont bother with a factory overclocked video card... unless there isnt much of a difference in price or you dont think your capable of OCing it yourself (its pretty easy)... and with the money youd save there... its almost enough to just pick up a 9600GT instead... just a thought :]
and as for monitors... hmmm... pretty much its what you can get for the cheapest... just look at price, size, response time, aesthetics, and how legit the company is as categories when deciding, just off the top of my head... if you still got nothing, i can look some up for ya...
other than that, looks like a pretty solid build... good luck with it :) - RK

The Factory OC card is only 230 inc postage i am not to sure about the 9600GT is it good @ 1024X768 which is my current max screen size also would i be better with a Quad core

THIS is another cheaper build what do you think

CPU:E8400 $254
MOBO:GA-EP35 DS3 $139
HDD:WD 250GB $66
RAM 2x2GB ADATA PC6400 $ 100
GFX:Galaxy 9600GT OC $6 less w/o OC $170
OPTICAL Samsung 20X sata $28
CASE: Antec 300 (Cant Change it already Brought) $55 on special
PSU 460W CoolerMaster $69
FANS 4x Coolermaster 120mm $25
as you can see i can still upgrade alot if i wanted but i might spend less so i can get some good speakers and screen

yea... the 9600GT is probably cheaper, and is definitely better...
and quad-core just gives you more multi-tasking ability... youll be fine with a dual if youre just gaming... most games dont use all four cores...
and also, im not a huge fan of ADATA ram... i personally only like/use either G.Skill or Crucial ram... but thats just me... well, and alot of people in the forums... you can prolly find a darn good deal on some crucial stuff... i know here in the good ol' USofA, we can get it for like... $30-40USD... look around mebbe...
and also, i would consult the power supply guide here in the forums... im a little iffy on that PSU... but it should be alright...
oh... yate-loon also makes some really legit, near-silent 120mm fans and theyre alot cheaper than $25..
but anyways... check out those suggestions, ask if you need anything else, and good luck! :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom