n00b needs help on upping his first computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim gopher

Baseband Member
i built my first computer at the start of the summer, and want to upgrade it. im just getting into the whole computer scene, so i need your help. here are the spex on it now:

athlon 1700
soyo mobo
512 mushkin ram (pc2100)
geforce 3 ti200 (64mb)

here is what i am looking to upgrade it to, but dont know if this is good or what is better, so let me know what to change (i am wanting this as a gaming computer, i want to be able to run stuff like Doom 3 smoothly)

athlon 64bit 3200 (anything better?)
(dont know on the mobo yet, what kind should i get, and how much pc# on the ram can it handle?)
radeon x800 (dont know much about it yet, is this the best on the market?)
1gig of ram (what brand/pc#?)

also, i was looking at getting an "iBest" 600w power supply, they are really cheap (like $30) is it going to be loud/crappy? if so, what should i get instead?

thanks guys

-Ryan

athlon 64bit 3200 ----> fx-53 is the best

radeon x800 XT or nvidia 6800GT (and oc it to ultra speeds)

1gig or ram corsair xms pc3200

and yes, it is going to be crappy

i like the thermaltake 560w with active pfc

theres also antec and fortron

haha, but zeedler, you coulda built ONE AWESOME RIG had you not gotten FOUR DIFFERENT COMPS with almost the same exact specs

yea, i just looked up the fx-53, its a lil outta my price range, lol

would the basic 64bit 3200 work the best for that price range?

Not to be rude to newegg

But if you go to best buy you can buy the 6800 GT OC. with a life time warrenty for 400 bucks right now, you will save more money if you buy the Gt at bestbuy. But you can also wait until PCI-Express releases there 6800 so the the AGP 8x will eventually become cheaper ( correct me if im wrong).

nvidia already has pci-e cards out . . .

and it'll take a long time for a 6800 class pci-e card to come out

you're also forgetting that the newegg one comes with FARCRY!

(which i dont have)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom