First time builder/thoughts/suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ml123

Beta member
Hi, well this is my first time building my own PC and i have pretty much soaked up a lot of info about parts. After doing like 2 days straight of researching parts and what the heck kinda sockets fit where this is what i came up with:

GPU
BFG Tech BFGE88512GTSE GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE88512GTSE GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

PSU
Antec Earthwatts 650 watts
Antec.com - EarthWatts

Ram
2x 2gb ram
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Hard drive
sea gate 500 gb

Case
Thermaltake Armor jr.

thoughts on this build? As for the motherboard, this is where i run into the problem. I don't have much knowledge on motherboards other than you need to match sockets and what not. Any suggestions of good affordable mobos? so far the best one i found was Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI x 16 ATX Intel Motherboard

thanks in advance :)

The DS3L is an awsome board, but if you want an even better board, go with the GA-P35-DS3R. Costs more, but if you can afford it, go for it.

I wonder why they raised the price on that board? When I bought it, it was $20 less. Anyhow, nice board and easy to overclock.

thats why I recommend the EP35-DS3L instead... its cheaper and its the same thing with some power saving options

I thought I read somewhere the power saving option on the EP35 didn't really do much and some people had issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom