Zalman

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i'm saying....i think (for my own use anyways) that looks are more important than a couple of degrees. my 9500 cools just fine at high voltage, and looks loads better in the case. it's just my own preference. i dont think the zalman would cut it with a quad, though. i read one article that stated the user went down 23*C when he switched from a 9500 to a xigmatech (dont know which one), but i find that EXTREMELY hard to believe.
as far as space, if we are talking about the s1283, it is 34mm taller = 1.3+ inches. and that can be too much if you have multiple fans on the side panel (depending on their size and depth) or a smaller case.
hence:
if i was going with a dual core system that had an open window on the side panel, or used fans and/or i actually cared how it looked, i would get the zalman. if i was using a quad core (or dual core), or had a case with no window, or didnt have side fans, or i was absolutely sure it would fit, or i didn't care about looks, then the xigmatech surely appears to be a fine cooler. as a matter of fact, i may get one for my next build...i'll need to read up on some legitimate reviews first, though. it looks like a pretty good cooler. and even though i think it is rather ugly, it's still incredibly better looking than an af64, lol.

the one above his

but sometimes that happens, to get to the post, I'd just have to make a post and it pushes me to that post and then edit that message for the post I would normally make

looks aren't a major concern for me (except the case) but i would rather something nicer looking then the rifle...but since it is a great cooler I'll still get one soon.

OK. Here is what I will say after reading this now.

I will give you the install difficulty. Zalman's suck to install. However, IMO the Zalman is very pretty and for some people looks count (and we don't like to be persecuted because we like a good looking HSF, window, and LED lights).

And also for some people it does matter to go with what you trust. I have seen my temps as low as 25*-26* C before my OC and 32* after. I don't know why I would get a Xigmatek with those numbers.

Finally, I can't scroll through anyone's recommended build threads without seeing "Xigmatek Rifle" under the recommended HSF. Sometimes you just want to be different. $20 is worth it to me sometimes to be different.

lol...to be different from other people. for people who do not want to be different from other people, being different from other people seems senseless. which is one of the differences between people who want to be different from other people, and people who do not want to be different from other people.

^ sure if the heatsink was cheaper or even the same price it might make more sense but to spend $20 extra just for you can say (I'm different then you) is pointless IMO, and I'm the type of person that would rather be different then other people.

i rest my case.
i guess the people that dont want to be different than other people really do want to be different than other people. the poeple that they want to be different from are the people who want to be different from other people.
viola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom