Ghost 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
I have this software but have yet to use it. The question I have is do I need to have a second HD slaved to my primary HD. Then do I put the floppy in, that Ghost is on, start my computer and then what?

Any help is appreciated.

If memory serves, the drive you want copied is set to master and the one you want to copy to is slave. Then you boot to the floppy and it's pretty point and click from there. You should have a weird gray screen with a menu to choose from. You probably want the disk to disk option. One note, the destination drive MUST be at least as big as the main drive. Also, I suggest you do a good defrag before you clone.

Dave, Out of curiousity.... without setting up the hd as you say and without attaching a second HD, if I just put the floppy in my machine and boot up my PC, should I still see the weird gray screen that you speak of? I just want to see if my copy of ghost is still in working order?

thx

Booting off the floppy should still work. If i am not mistaken there is a way to check if your Ghost images still work. But i am sure you would have to do something obsecure to test it.

Best bet it to check the Symantec site for info on checking to see if a Ghost image is still valid.

Mak,I got it to a screen that said "it recognized 1 new drive. Make sure you are using ghost within the bounds of your license agreement. Ghost is only available in a single, 5 or 10 license agreement. Marking these drives as usable by ghost will ensure that they are optimized for your imaging task. Not marking these drives is only advisable when creating forensic quality images. Make these drives usable as ghost" Options are OK, Cancel or Continue without marking drives". I have only seen ghost used once and I don't remember seeing this option before. Is that because I only have one HD connected or some other reason? Please let me know.

Also, Should I assume my copy is still good to use?

thx

You will have to read the documentation. I have not used Ghost since version 9 and i created DVD's which were self booting.

Did you buy this or download it? Sounds like the activation has already been used. And yes if you boot to the floppy you should still get the gray screen. I have always just had both drives in and done it that way rather than creating an image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom