Loss of bios settings after power dissconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
I am working on an ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM so disregard the specs at the bottom of the post. Every time i switch off power to the PSU i get the checksum error at boot and have to reset the time, date and other settings in the bios. I have changed the battery and finally got a new cmos chip and replaced it. I have posted about this problem some time back and someone said it was most probably the cmos chip, which made sense to me but it hasn't fixed the problem. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks Brunoboy.

Its a tough one, especially since you already replaced the battery.

Make sure that if there are Clear CMOS jumpers, that there is no Jumper in position.

I also Unbolded your entire post, so please don't do that..

No worries, only meant to bold the heading. Jumper is in the right position. No other problems with the board only this annoyance. Got me stumped especially since i replaced the cmos chip as well.

You can try playing around with the jumper, maybe leave it off, or try it always in the clear position, at this point, there really isn't much else to try.

You can explore the CMOS setup, looking for any option that may cause or relate to this as well.

Yeah, will have a play with the jumper now and delve deeply into the bios.
Thanks mate.

No, removing the cmos jumper is supposed to stop it booting (so says the user manual) but I've just tried booting up with the jumper off and it boots up fine and nothing in the bios indicates reseting to defaults on ac disconnect or loss so i'm damned if i know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom