Over 4 gigs in 32bit OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, don't build a rig now. Technology develops and gets released faster then Muslims and Mormons reproducing together we all know that, whats this blasphemy ?
If hes waiting to build this at Christmas, how is he building a rig now?

I don't understand your logic :laughing:

But on a serious note: 4gb ram + any 32bit OS = waste. I would say use a 64bit operating system, but you will run into a lot of compatibility issues. But the choice is yours.

Personally i just decided to use 2gb ram and stick with 32bit.

dude, don't build a rig now. Technology develops and gets released faster then Muslims and Mormons reproducing together we all know that, whats this blasphemy ?
If hes waiting to build this at Christmas, how is he building a rig now?

I don't understand your logic :laughing:

But on a serious note: 4gb ram + any 32bit OS = waste. I would say use a 64bit operating system, but you will run into a lot of compatibility issues. But the choice is yours.

Personally i just decided to use 2gb ram and stick with 32bit.

^yep, pretty much everything is fixed.

There really is no point now to have a 32 bit, and 64bit dual os setup...just get a 64bit.

Okay, well at Christmas im gonna be getting the following:

Intel Q9550 2.8ghz
2x 4870X2
2x2gigs g.Skill DDR2
ASUS P5E x38 Motherboard

Now, im obviously gonna put Windows 64bit edition as the main OS, but some games and such wont be compatible with 64bit Windows, so if i put 32bit Windows as a secondary OS and boot into that to play games and use programs that wont work on 64bit Windows will i get errors or will it just not read all the memory. What will happen?

You have no idea that's what you will be getting at Christmas. Do you have ANY idea how much will change in 7 months.....i mean seriously. You cannot plan even 2 months ahead in this ever-changing field let alone 7.

You have no idea that's what you will be getting at Christmas. Do you have ANY idea how much will change in 7 months.....i mean seriously. You cannot plan even 2 months ahead in this ever-changing field let alone 7.

Do you seriously think that i would plan my build now and have it set in stone? Im watching prices go down, new stuff come in, i change my text file with my pc specs in it twice a day. I was just wondering is all... :freak:

And i think you guys know me well enough by now to realize im not that idiotic.

according to Microsoft site the last time i went to it, 32-bit OS's read up to 3.12 RAM.Period.

let me get this straight, VRAM is included in how much RAM is read by the OS? Then how come the last time i have my computer up n running (last week for a day or two) the latest GPU-Z and CCC showed that my card has 512mb of VRAM instead of the full 1GB? OS reads 2GB of RAM. Once i get my computer up n running again (need to update chipset drivers i believe to read my HDD better) ill make a thread about my GPU reading because im like "WTF? What happened to my other 512mb of VRAM??!!"

I think i read somewhere that GPUZ doesnt read the 3870X2 specs correctly at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom