old compac

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandgyp

Baseband Member
Hi,
Just one little general question here.I have an old Compac desktop with a 0684b board.Is there away to replace the Pentium 3 733 processor with a better one and this board is limited to 512 memory,could that be upgraded at the same time?Thanx for any input!
GS

THe board probably won't take a proc faster than 900mhz by my guess. Even if it could take a 1ghz or faster P3 it's really not that much of an upgrade. Same goes for the ram. It would use sdram which can be expensive to buy in stores and 512mb is insufficient by today's standards. You're probably best off putting together a new system.

Thanks.....I just like the old girl,thought if I could find a used processer somewhere cheap,it would help her out.I think some of these units came with a 1 gig.

Thanks.....I just like the old girl,thought if I could find a used processer somewhere cheap,it would help her out.I think some of these units came with a 1 gig.

You could definitely find one on ebay for cheap but the performance gain won't be much at this point. I just don't think you should sink anything more into it, just money down the drain, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom