Unpartitioning HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Hello, I have 2 HDDs - Drive C and Drive D. I want to merge both of them into Drive C. I don't like having separate drives :p

My Drive D is completely empty.

Where do I start in doing this? Help would be appreciated.

Here is a picture to help illustrate what I have.

The most simple way to do it short of a RAID 0 setup is to mount the drive as a folder that you can forward the My Documents folder to or something.

Click Start -> Right Click Computer -> Click Manage -> Click Disk Management -> Delete the partition of the second drive so that it is unallocated space -> Right Click it and then New Simple Volume.. -> in the wizard select Mount in the following empty NTFS folder

JCortes he doesnt want 2 drives. He wants 1 single drive. Not RAID.

Delete the partition and extend the primary one.

I tried that on my system. I shrank the partition and left about a gig of unallocated space on the second drive then I tried to extend the C: drive onto it and the extend option is grayed out and if I'm not mistaken when you mount a drive to a folder it does not show up as a drive in my computer.

GParted, Partition Magic, Acronis Disk Director should be able to do it easily. Possibly even ERD Commander.

I tried it once already. First I deleted Drive D:, but it wouldn't let me extend Drive C:

It was still grayed out..so I just formatted D:, so now I'm back to where I started.

Read my post above. Use one of those tools to extend the C:\ drive.

both drives have to be converted to dynamic disks then you can extend over to the other drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom