Bottlenecking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
i am going to upgrade my vid card soon to a 9600gt or 8800gt(s) and i was wondering if my processor will bottleneck. i ordered another gig of ram so i will have 2 gigs when it comes. and i want to know if i should upgrade my CPU or video card first the cpu would be a Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
i also want to know if this a good processor.

A P4 will bottleneck a card like that yes but it will still play wonders better than your current 8500GT. Then when you have time to upgrade to a better CPU ( I recommend the E7200 for a great budget CPU. This will make another huge difference in your gaming as it's a much more powerful CPU and then the bottleneck on the 9600GT will be relieved.

I would even recomend the E8400. but theres a cut off when OCing. i think you can only clock to a 4.2 ghz not bcause unstability but because of lack of a higher FSB because the multi is so low.

Yes if you want to see the most increase in FPS. Honestly the PD 3.4ghz i bet you doesn't bottleneck the 8500gt becuase of how weak it is compared to something even 100 bucks.

How much money are you going to spend on a video card?

well..... if i can ever stop spending 70 here and another 50 there and accually save up my money then i would really like to get something nice like a 8800GTS(G92)

learn patience....and learn to put money in a savings account so you are forced to switch money over into checking heh...limit yourself that's how i do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom