Building a Gaming Computer....Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many ppl are picking parts that are overkill for them and they can save money for a newer rig in the future or pay for gas

dude why do you even ask us for help if you aren't going to listen to the things we say. But go ahead, waste you money on that psu.

the price difference between the 850 watt and 750 watt is only about $40

so i don't really care and still rather have a 850 watt.

And u did help me on my ram and graphics card and psu, if i didn't ask for help i would have a single 9800gx2 1010 watt psu and 8GB of ram...

so those things are changed and i appreciate your help, but you keep nagging me on the psu when its only 30-40 bucks difference, which really doesn't matter to me..

I won't bash you for wanting to buy an 850w PSU becuase honestly at the rate we are going it's not a bad idea to buy a little more watts than you need considering with quad-cores and dual quad-core mobos and tons of drives and power hungry cards. If you buy a PSU thats expensive you might as well buy one that will be able to power systems for the years to come...or buy one cheap that will run your system effectivley until you buy a new rig. Since you have the money 850w is very future proof and i won't bash you. HOWEVER I would choose this PSU over an OCZ one.
Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S8P4 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, TUV, cUL - Power Supplies

Xclio are known to make very good PSU's for the money and they have had a better track record than OCZ. Also if you look the amps on the Xclio seem to be more than the OCZ which has 4 rails of 20 each combining to 80 amps at around an 85% efficieny meaning lrobably close to 65 amps on the 12's which is a lot buy not as many as Xclios combined 96 with an 80% efficieny putting out probably around 75 amps at the same amount of watts on the 12 volt rails. This is not formula for it however it is a good guess. I am a fan of Xclio for being an amazing PSU for their value ever since the once gone Xclio 450BL supply which dusted the Fortron 450w at 10 bucks cheaper and more stable rails.

yea, it looks like a better psu and worth about $10 more.

Thanks for all your help and i now have a good build.

Understand that the customer service and just raw quality of the xclio isn't as good as the PCP&C, becuase honestly if you were going to settle with the 750w in the first place you should of have just taken the Corsair 750w becuase it had similar watts as the PCP&C with a 5-year warranty as well. This is why i recommended the Xclio becuase it does have more watts and amps for a good price and a well known PSU by now in terms of quality and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom