Best AGP video card out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trapspeed

Beta member
I'm very into gaming but I am limited to an AGP slot and have considered replacing the entire thing but have decided to wait it out another year when the quads become cheaper. Anyway, my question is, what is the best AGP video card out as of right now?

Right now I have an XFX Geforce 7800GS 256mb video card. I'm looking to upgrade, if possible.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

HD3850 ICQ Edition is the best out right now, but its $273

2nd place is the x1950xt from Gecube

3rd place is the 7950gt

not really worth it though

looks like that you allready have the best AGP card the only room for improvment is the ram size on the nvidia side anyways

Okay, I did some research on the HD3850 (I'm willing to go ATI.) But I'm curious as to whether or not it's worth the upgrade. $273 is pretty steep if it won't net me any apparent improvements.

Its a lot better than the 7800gs in performance, and you'd notice a jump, but I mean for $273 you could buy a Core 2 Quad q6600 or even an 8800gts g92 (which is PCI-e) start saving up

Okay, I did some research on the HD3850 (I'm willing to go ATI.) But I'm curious as to whether or not it's worth the upgrade. $273 is pretty steep if it won't net me any apparent improvements.

i think u should save money for a new rig and u can use ur current components. HD3850 is almost like the 9600GT and the 9600GT is for 110 so yeah i think u should save money. with $273 i would buy a 8800GTS G92 512MB.

Whats the rest of the comps specs?

After rebates you could get a
Intel E2xxx
Abit ip35 (When there are sales)
cheap ocz 2gb pc6400 ram
and a 9600gt or 8800gt 256mb

For about $273 or less.

I'm very into gaming but I am limited to an AGP slot and have considered replacing the entire thing but have decided to wait it out another year when the quads become cheaper. Anyway, my question is, what is the best AGP video card out as of right now?

Right now I have an XFX Geforce 7800GS 256mb video card. I'm looking to upgrade, if possible.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Check on ebay for x1950pro's, theyre going for under $100 now.

And you can sell the 7800gs for a good $60.

Actually thats also a pretty big jump from a 7800gs

the 7 series from nVidia had nothing on ATi's High end x1000 series

HD3850 is the best you can do for your AGP slot IMHO.
I have been asking myself the same question for a few weeks and have read about all there is to read on high end AGP cards, as I too intend to enjoy my AGP slot to the full for the next year or so...
Where are you? I found a PowerColor version, BUYitNOW @ eBay.au $256 within 10 seconds of reading your post. I be getting one next week@cheaper again, I bet! GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom