Toshiba Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concore

Solid State Member
I got my laptop about a year ago and have had no problems with it. One day I went to turn it on and all of the key board lights would work but no backlight or screen display came on. After a minute or so none of the lights (Capslock or Function) would turn on and most of the compute sounds would stop. I have hooked a monitor up to hit and it also showed nothing. It is a Toshiba Satellite or something like that. Any ideas what is going on?

Hi, what model is it? Have you droped it or spilt a liquid on it at any point? was there any error's last time you used it? Also how old is it?

It says on the bottom Satellite A215-S4757, it is about a year old, and it runs vista. I haven't had any errors on it, I haven't spilled anything on it. I didn't drop it either. Just one day I went to use it and it stopped working. I did take it to an airport and it went through the x-ray.. Could that do anything?

No that would not do anything running it thru a XRay.

Did you get it updated to SP1? Have you tried inserting the Vista DVD and running the startup repair?

Press Fn + F5 to activate the external monitor. If the external monitor works then it's most likely the LCD panels backlight is bad.

Taking the RAM out and putting it back in. It could have been jarred loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom