multiple connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeeyyboyy

Solid State Member
Well i use my friends next door wireless internet and i was wondering how i could get multiple connections to a single server or host for things like gaming such as p2p. any suggestions?

Get a router. You can hook up to 4 PC's on a single router or you can get WiFi and get even more.

You should be able to get multiple connections to a single host/server on a shared connection. What specifically are you having trouble with? The only issues you should have are with specific apps that might need to have certain ports forwarded.

well, im playing this game called warrock, and when i play training which is by myself my gun doesnt lag, but in multi ploayer my gun does lag, and my friend has a worse pc then me and with his faster internet his gun doesnt lag, even though the rest of the game does XD. i jsut need fast transfers

it sounds like he losing speed over the long distance. wireless n give you 4x the distance, 5x the speed

I am still iffy with N cause it is not final yet. So who knows if the stuff you get now will work later...

I guess so because my wireless n card was amazing except for one thing. with it in, my capture card from my media center wouldn't function with it in. so I took it out and went back to hardwire. g wasn't fast enough for me because I'm subject to transfer 200 gigs over a network

I only want WiFi to use my Internet Tablet. Other than that my stuff is hardwired. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom