i can finally get a new pc and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
well guys i have asked about pc builds in the past here but i couldnt get it at that time but my dad is now willing to help me buy one i been checking out best buy
and circuit city they got some stuff cheap but i don't think it'll last
im willing to build one if is cheaper and get more performance out of it
i saw this pc at ibuypower.com
ASUS P5KPL-VM Intel G31chipset
DDR-2 PCI-Express MB
2GB DDR2-800 Memory
250GB 7200 RPM SATA-2 HDD
20x Double Layer DVD+/-RW
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT
16x PCI-Express Video
7.1 Channel 3D Surround Sound
600 Watts Subwoofer Speakers
10/100/1000 Network LAN
Raidmax Aztec Gaming Tower Case w/MOD Window
the price is $598
i have no idea wen it comes from building from 0
if u guys can give me some advice would be greatly great full
i would be using this pc for web surfing some writing movies and music and casual gaming
i dont know what my budget is cuz he hast told me how much hes wiling to spend but asked to get info this is the best place for pc info in my book
i dont want to make the same mistake i made 5 years ago wen i spend over 1 grand on a pc that became junk 1yr and a half later it still works but is too limited i was ****ed wen i found out i over paid way dirty

thanks in advance

please. If you don't want to build one, don't buy one from best buy or circuit city. I would strongly encourage you to build your own. Here on TF we would be happy to help you through the build. I can't put a build togetherright now because I'm on my phone. But when I get home I will. And I'm sure other members will do the same.

Once again. If you want to build, we will walk you through it.

i want to build one so i can get the xp from building it cuz is i what i would to do for a living that build sounds nice jumper ill check it wen i come back from work tonight im gona be late lol

Grammar is always appreciated. Especially in the fields of computer technology, you must have great writing skills. Please practice those. :p

Nice build, Puddle. It rips the other one to shreds. I'm not familiar with the 7200, but it looks nice.

I noticed the ibuypower one doesn't have a CPU listed... odds are it is a lower end chip.

this is great i like this build a lot ill show my dad and see if **** buy it for me lol
and i already have a sound card and dvd burner thats decent that i added to my old pc
thanks alot

ok guys im going to go see a pc shop that got part like new egg or close to it
my dad wants to check there to see if we can get the stuff we need there
and dont have to wait in the mail for it butt if is way more there ill order and wait im also thinking of changing from intel to amd processor since it ll be cheaper

this the amd motherboard i choose hopefully is right
ASUS M3A-H/HDMI AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

and new processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

The E7200 is faster than AMD's fastest dual core processor, the Athlon 6400+ x2. It even outperforms a AMD Phenom x3 8600 tri core processor which costs $175. The E7200 also consumes less power and is a better overclocker than the Phenom or Athlon.

omg thanks man good timing i almost made a mistake lol
sweet ill tell him that
thanks again man
ill post back wen i come back from the shop

im ordering from new egg this build would cost me over $800 at the pc shop
forget that no way but they were very help full if it would have been close price range i would have gotten the part there they did recommend to get a cooler
because of my video card was gona run a bit hot on this current case i just got to find out about the parts warranty at newegg my dad wants to know that b4 he buys it

Ugh, I hate ibuypower systems. They basically fool people to buy their less than great gaming machines. They sell systems with lower end dual core cpu's, then they go way under par on the most important part of a gaming machine: the videocard!

They sell $700-1000 machines and classify them as great gaming machines, but then they use the 8500GT! I think so many people buy these cheaper machines not realizing that their graphics card won't stand up to the best games and won't last them very long. Makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom