Switching Cases Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
I'm planning on buying a desktop from tigerdirect before I go to college. They have great prices, the only thing that I don't like is the lame systemax cases. If I bought a "Systemax" computer from them, could I take EVERYTHING out and pop it into a new/better case?

Well...would it all function the same? I don't have very much experience fully dismantaling or building computers. If all thats involved is physically taking it apart and then reassembling I'd be fine. Would there be anything complicated about it? It seems straightforward, but then again, I really wouldn't know.

It's just a box, dude.

Make sure the case is for the right motherboard form-factor (such as ATX) and make sure it has enough open slots (for your drives). If you have (for instance) 3 drives that you access from the front (like CD-ROMs) and you buy a case that only has 2 open slots, yer screwed. Otherwise, it's just a box. As long as yer mobo type is compatible, you'll be fine.

I know it's just a box, dude. But I've never heard of a mobo form-factor (such as ATX) in my life. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom