4 Sticks of RAM Causes No POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmp0816

Banned
I have an EVGA 780i SLI Motherboard and 4 sticks of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 MHz 1GB each. Now I know they for sure all work, because I tested each one seperatly, and I know each slot on the motherboard works as well. The problem is, when I put in a stick in each slot to fill 4 slots I would sometimes get it past post, but now it never posts, and I get the LED error thing that says 52, however when I take out one stick everything works fine. Any ideas?

Standard nvidia chipset. Will it boot with just 2 slots? This is the main reason i went 2x2 on my 680i. Refresh my memory on what error 52 means.

Another problem might be that you need to raise the voltage on your north bridge and memory.

Yes, 2 slots works perfectly fine, but I really do not want to buy more RAM. Error 52 is:

Memory Test - Test all memory of memory above 1MB using Virtual 8086 mode, page mode and clear the memory

I have also tried to raise the memory voltage, which got me passed POST however would crash my system in Windows.

well on the acutal sticks it says 1.9v so i did that, and when i go 1.875v it doesn't post, but 1.9v does however it causes a crash. should i do more or will that just cause it to crash since 1.9v crashes?

I'll give more power a try, what program could I use to monitor memory temperatures? I know of gpu, cpu, and hdd temperature monitoring programs, but I don't remember any memory one's. So if you know a good one could you tell me. Also around what temperature should they run?

I could swear ballistix are 2.2v. At least the ones that i had were. You may need to increase the north bridge voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom