Windows Install and Re-Install Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pain53

Baseband Member
Alright heres my question,

I am planning on building and selling computers. But, before I sell it I want to be able to test it. To test it, I would use Windows XP. But as we all know, I can only install XP on 3 computers with one disk... but If I uninstall windows from each computer before I sell it, will I still be able to use the Windows disk agian on my 4th computer? Or will I have to buy another Windows disk after every three computers? I WILL be removing Windows XP before selling it...

Any Input?

Thanks,
Pain

You will be able to use XP on every Machine. Just do NOT activate it. If you activate it the on the 4th machine you will be prompted with hte Pirated key message. If you do not activate it you have 30 days before it will shut down. More than enough time to test out any machine.

Also you could just test using the OS the customer wants. Installing the same OS on the same machine only uses 1 activation. So if you install the OS, test it out for a few days then format and reinstall the OS it will still only be 1 Activation even though you actiavted it twice.

You could use a live CD like Knoppix to test. It doesn't install an OS. Drivers might be an issue however.

Ok,

Ill just stick with Windows and just not activate it for each computer...

Thanks for the info guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom