Got a new toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
So I was at Staples Business Depot with my friend who was dropping off his still-under-warranty laptop. At the time I needed a laptop anyway, so I looked around and bought a Toshiba Satellite A200 discontinued model... It was the last one on the shelf, the original price was 1299, but I got it for 799. Specs are:

Core 2 Duo T5250
2 GB DDR2 RAM
200GB Sata Hard Drive
HD-DVD Drive / DVD Burner Combo
ATI Radeon HD2400
Webcam/bluetooth/built in wireless/you know the drill...

I'm not up to specs with new video cards, and I have no idea what the video card on this thing can do. Anyone know?

PS: If anyone else knows about Staples... I will never buy anything there again. The customer support sucks! It seems like all they care about is making a buck off of you. I guess it's protocol for them to ask about buying certain products and services, but come on.

Its alright....for $100 more you could have got a dell vostro with an 8600gt which would put that hd 2400 to shame.

The hd-dvd drive is pretty cool, even though hd-dvd is dead.

What kinda games can I play with this thing? I haven't gotten around to trying any, since I only got the laptop yesterday, and I've been busy optimizing services and stuff like that, because I hate this RAM hog that Vista is (XP was not an option, no reliable drivers available).

HD2400 isn't something you can game much with (especially with the latest stuff) but if you go for older games or run new games on low ur good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom