Is this a sick deal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a 64bit os for u have flexibility..considering it is only a bit more then a 32 it is worth it.

I don't know of any good memory cooling.

The 64bit is only $1.50 more, but i read it is a nightmare for running games. I originally wanted 64bit vista. BTW how does that crucial memory treat you ? It is the exact same as the $50 memory this topic is about. If you lost yours in a fire or something would you pay $50 for it again or get somethign better for more ?

i don't know about nightmare...

I haven't tried ocing with them yet but apparently crucial started sending out a different type of chip then they used to and they don't oc all that well.I would get ocz reapers or crucial tracers instead.

no nightmares running any games. Vista 64 has tons of support. And yes I would grab tracers or the 1066 reaper Hpc kit as both come w/ micron D9's. The Reaper pc2 6400 kits come w/ Elpida ic's I believe. They won't oc as well.

^^the timings are upped on the 1066 kit (they usually are on all 1066 kits), the timings are more important then the mhz so he'll have to tighten them up to 4-4-4-12.

And by lowering the latency timings i also have to lower the mhz speed to keep everything stable right ? So to get a 1066mhz down to 4-4-4-12 the mhz will be down to 800 in the end anyways ?
This is what confuses me about this. I know how companies love to rip people off by selling the same product just timed different and with a different model number, and higher price.

Not always you can always drop the timings and the Cas Latency by increasing the voltage a bit... I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom