E2180 Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pain53

Baseband Member
What is the average overclock for an E2180 using a DS3l?

Im trying to figure out what to expect out of it from a newbie overclocker...

Are they easy to overclock?

Thanks a bunch!

i would say average is 3.4ghz of maxed CPU's (ones that people have put time into seeing their max). However 3.6ghz+ is not uncommon either

you can expect 2.8-3.0 on stock vcore. Anything after that will depend on how good your chip is. For instance it takes 1.5v to get mine stable at 3.3. I don't like running it that high so I opted for 2.8 on stock vcore.

what do you mean by that...as long as you don't go too much higher than 1.5Vcore you really can't damage or deteriorate the CPU if that's what you mean.

Mine hit 3.3ghz easily. I didn't bother to try much higher because I didn't think it would get there. IIRC I hit near 3.0ghz with just changing fsb.

Does the 2180 overclocked at 2.8GHz or higher still bottleneck anything? I am considering building a cheap budget build myself but I want to have alteast a 9600GT in the system so that I can get max settings on games. Would the 2180 or 2200 bottleneck this card or the system in any way as to keep me from max settings in WoW, COD4, or anything?

Well mine at 3.3ghz and a 8800gt can play Crysis at very high. Its only ~20fps and I can't remember if it was 1280x960 or 1600x1200. But either way a 2.8ghz would probably be good for most other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom