7950 GT - Massive Hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
As of the other day, ive started to get massive hiccups in my games, most noticably call of duty 4 and its so bad I cant play more than 5 minutes without getting a migraine from all the skipping. I have defreagged, tried many drivers, unisntalling mcafee and using bitdefender, while also searchign for viruses, clearing key registers etc, about all i could think of, and yet i still have the problem.

is there any stable driver for 7950gt? i really cant figure out the deal with whats going on. The heat for my cpu gpu and mobo is all fine too and nothing is running abnormally in task manager or taking much processing power.

really is a bugger, cant play anything until i fix this ^_^

thanks

i have heard the 7950 had problems like this... it may be the card it's self that is the problem....what is your fps when playing games?

my fps seems to be fine, about 30-50 average, ive never had this happen on this card before. :(

its like im having the effect of watching someone with dial up play a fps glitchign around, except im the person doign the gltichign around and only I am the one seeing it.

this happened on my old pc back in 2003 or whenever ut2004 first came out, ran fine for a month then i got massive hiccups and ended up replacing the whole computer.

my 7950 is maybe a year old at the max, my 7900 was on recall so evga upgraded me this one for free, never had a problem until the other night. I can run fraps while playing and my FPS is actually not too bad, but the hiccups are horrific and fraps doenst even detect it to dip the framerate.

are you running a dual monitor display...it is debated that that could effect performance. I doubt that is the problem though because i run a dual setup without problem. Have you done any ocing that could be making your system unstable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom